Monday, January 7, 2019

Parent Connection January 7, 2019


God’s Answer
          Sometimes, as a teacher, when I ask a question, I anticipate the answer. I already have in mind what I think the response to my question should be. But quite often the answer I receive isn’t at all what I was looking for.
          When I go to a store or a restaurant and I ask for a particular item, I expect to receive what I am asking for. That’s the reason I make the request.
          So when we address our prayers to God and plead with Him to help us in our time of need, we know how we want Him to answer our prayer. We want Him to remove the trouble that afflicts us. That’s the answer we are looking for. Isn’t that what it means to pray confidently, trusting in God’s almighty power? Doesn’t He assure us of His loving concern for our well-being? These things are certain! But remember, God answers our prayers according to His divine wisdom and not necessarily according to our wishes, or our timeline.
          The Apostle Paul prayed fervently that God would remove a “thorn in his flesh” that he felt was detrimental to his ministry. Paul knew the answer he was looking for but God didn’t give him that answer. God told Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9.
          We are objects of God’s grace. It is by His grace that we are His children and can approach Him as our dear Father and place our petitions before Him. He will answer according to His grace and purpose, to His glory and our good.

Volleyball Practice
          Due to earthquake damage at APU, we will begin practicing at The Center, 4855 Arctic Blvd, on Thursday, January 10th from 3:45pm-5:00pm.  Players can be picked up at 5:00pm at The Center.

Hand Chime Choir
          There will be no practice this week.  We will resume next Thursday, January 17th. 

PTF Meeting
          PTF will meet this Thursday, January 10th at 6:00pm. 

Library Visit
Grades 5 – 8 will be visiting the Loussac Library on Friday, January 11th.  Students are reminded to bring their library cards, any books that are due, and money for lunch.

Report Cards
          Report cards will be sent home on Friday, January 11th.  Please go over them with your child then sign and return the envelope.  If there are any questions about the report, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher.

Spelling Bee
          We will have our Faith Lutheran Spelling Bee for grades 3-8 on Wednesday, January 16th at 1:15pm.  Family and friends are welcome and encouraged to join us. 

Martin Luther King Day
          In observance of Martin Luther King Day, there will be no school on Monday, January 21st. 

January Birthdays
Miss Mittelstadt – January 16

No comments:

Post a Comment